Livable Housing Australia Board
Chair, Livable Housing Australia
Chief Executive Officer, Property Council of Australia.
Peter Verwer is Chief Executive of the Property Council Australia, which is the nation's leading advocate for the $670 billion investment property industry.
As well as pursuing its core business of advocacy and public affairs, the Property Council operates learning, research, publishing and networking businesses. Peter's current political priorities are tax modernisation, sustainability, finance and regulatory reform.
Peter is a member of many public and private sector bodies, including:
- Chair – Livable Housing Australia;
- Chair - Construction Forecasting Council;
- Chair – NCTC-MGSG Business Advisory Group;
- Australian Statistics Advisory Council;
- Australian Construction Industry Forum;
- Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council;
- Business Coalition for Tax Reform;
- Critical Infrastructure Advisory Council;
- Green Building Council of Australia; and,
- Investment Property Databank Australia.
The Federal Government has appointed Peter one of six Disability Community Leaders. He is also a Life Fellow of the Green Building Council of Australia, an Honorary Fellow of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors and a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.